top of page

Teacher Assessed Grades 2021

The GCSE exams for 2021 have been cancelled due to Covid-19 and teachers are assessing grades for the final GCSE grade that is awarded. GCSE grades are vital for people since they are required for A levels, they are also required for adult learners when applying for jobs and you are required to have a maths and English GCSE for University. Students in both colleges and schools will have a teacher assessed grade but some are not happy about this and are worried that they won’t get the grade that they need. There is even more uncertainty for adult learners and external candidates if they are not with a centre since they are not sure who can provide them with a teacher assessed grade. If you are homeschooled or are not in mainstream education, how will you get your teacher assessed grade? This should help guide you about teacher assessed grades and what alternatives there are to help you get a grade that will help you further your studies or with employment.

Teacher assessed grades for those in schools and colleges

For the best results from teacher assessed grades, you will need to do the best you can in your mock exams. External controlled assessments, which are basically like mock exams, can be sat and provided to the teachers as evidence to help support your teacher assessed grade. There are controlled assessments for GCSE maths exams that MME offers to help you. Your school or college will be provided with the results of the controlled assessment as evidence to help go towards your final grade.

GCSE Exams and GCSE resits

For the 2021 GCSE exams, there are options to take them such as the iGCSE qualification which is still going ahead. You are able to book as an external candidate for the iGCSE qualification through the service MME provides. You can call MME on 020 3633 5145 and get more information about the exam options as well as normal GCSE resits in November 2021 on MME’s GCSE maths retake page.

Teacher assessed grades for external candidates

If you are an adult learner, being homeschooled or someone who is outside of full time education, MME is working alongside GCSE examiners to help with teacher assessed grades for you. They are coming up with a series of assessments that will help external candidates to gain GCSE grades this summer. The GCSE maths controlled assessment page will help you to book the assessments.

Alternatives to GCSE exams and teacher assessed grades

There are a number of alternative GCSE exams. There is a phrase that is seen a lot when applying to University or a specific job. The phrase is ‘Give your GCSE or GCSE equivalent qualifications‘. Functional skills is a GCSE equivalent qualification that most Universities and employers accept. The link below will take you to functional skills pages to help provide you with information for the level 2 qualifications that are equivalent to a GCSE grade C/level 4:

Nurses and Trainee Teachers

If you are looking at teacher training, nursing or other specific courses, there are other options. GCSE equivalency test results are accepted by many course providers. You might want to check with your course provider or prospective employers if they accept this qualification before booking in. The equivalency tests are common amongst trainee teachers since this qualification is preferred over functional skills by training providers and SCITT’.


For More Infromation on our tutoring services in the Skipton area then...

bottom of page